Spence Rogers, director of Peak Learning Systems, is best known for his work in the area of building high performance classrooms, helping to make learning by all a reality through enhanced student motivation, improved curriculum, and assessment that is aligned with research-supported, brain-compatible instruction.
Spence has worked with school districts across the United States, and in Japan, Korea, Turkey and Guam. He began his career in education over 25 years ago serving as a high school math teacher, math department chairperson, curriculum coordinator, staff development resource teacher, a college instructor and now a consultant to schools, districts, boards and states.
With his colleagues, Spence has authored three best selling books that are highly praised for their practicality and adherence to research; Motivation & Learning, The High Performance toolbox and Teaching Tips.
Professional Development Programs:
(Custom tailored to meet your specific needs)
- Integrated/Brain-Based Curriculum and Performance Assessment
- Performance Task and Assessment Design and Implementation
- Effective Teaching Strategies for Block Schedules
- Implementing the IPAS Assessment System
- Effective Teaching for the New Millennium
- Successful Beginnings for New Teachers
- Classroom Rubrics and Grading
- Standards-Based Teaching